At Athens SDA we hope to provide a home for all who come. We understand that each path is different and that all stories have value as a ministry for God. Because of this we seek to find ways to reach each person that comes through out doors. Whether you are a college student, young family, retiree, or anybody else it is our hope to provide a ministry to serve your needs.
Here are our current ministries that function both during our worship services and at other times during the week:
- Collegiate/Young Adults
- Adventist Christian Fellowship (ACF)
- 7pm Thursday Bible studies at UGA (253 Miller Learning Center)
- We keep the community informed through our weekly worship bulletin, our website, and our newsletter that's emailed each week. Sign up here for the newsletter.
- Community Services
- Every 3rd Thursday of the month, a group leads out in feeding the homeless in our community through Our Daily Bread.
- We also share food baskets with families in need especially around holiday times such as Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Anyone can donate non perishable items to our church pantry.
- We'll be hosting a Reversing Diabetes Seminar in the fall.
- Want to join a group of people who aim to help us all feel at home when we come to worship? This ministry is invaluable and means sacrificing time away from our Sabbath School time and portions of our worship service.
- Share your gifts through your voice or other instrument
- Prayer meeting 7pm every Wednesday
- Sabbath School
- See additional information on this page
- Social Activities
Vacation Bible School
- Prayer Group on the 2nd and 4th Thursday at 10am
Women's Day, June 13
NOTE: While we're not back to our in-person worship services, several of these options are currently on hold.